News Flash: TDA Update Regarding Texas Wine Promotion – It’s Back!
Although the majority of funding for the State of Texas’ wine marketing was eliminated during the last legislative session, the Texas Department of Agriculture (TDA) has recently regained continued access to $500,000 per biennium through the Texas Wine Marketing Assistance Program from the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission (TABC). This will be used to supplement TDA’s ongoing promotion of the Texas wine industry through the popular GO TEXAN program.
TDA is finalizing a marketing plan that will utilize these dedicated funds to promote Texas wines through the following efforts:
- Restaurant Promotion – web banner ads, support materials and coordination of special wine events and tastings to support the inclusion of Texas wines on Lone Star menus.
- GO TEXAN Passport – creation of an electronic GO TEXAN Passport Program to promote agri-tourism and generate visits to wineries through “check-ins” on the mobile app.
- State Fair of Texas – promotion including sponsorship of the Texas Wine Garden.
- Database Recruitment and Development – data migration from existing gotexanwine.org site to gotexan.org, and creation and distribution of materials to encourage GO TEXAN participation from package stores and wineries.
- Web and/or Mobile Advertising – linked to GO TEXAN commercial encouraging consumers to GO TEXAN and look for locally-grown/made products, with wine prominently featured.
Wendy Womack, the new food and beverage coordinator at TDA, is eager to work with Texas wineries to increase exposure and sales of Texas wine. For information on the GO TEXAN program, visit www.gotexan.org or contact Wendy at wendy.womack@TexasAgriculture.gov.
Be the first to comment