Swirl, Sip and Savor Texas Wines with Texas Sommeliers Sunday 11 AM at the Austin Food & Wine Festival
“The Gold Medal Wines Of Texas Are Upon You”
11:00 – 11:45am
Austin Food and Wine Festival
Auditorium Shores – Oak Tent
Get in the know about the Lone Star State’s new grand vinos when Texas wine expert and author Russ Kane (Doc Russ Texas Wineslinger) leads a tasting with Austin’s own Master Sommeliers Craig Collins and Devon Broglie, Ray Isle of FOOD & WINE Magazine and Sommelier June Rodil.
Will Texas wines always be a cottage industry or is there potential to become a major player in the world’s wine trade? Hear the latest from the grapevine, taste these experts’ favorite Texas wines and learn why choosing local is the way forward for this great state. The discussion will bare all there is to tell on Texas wines past, present and future!
Sunday’s wines were selected primarily from the International Gold Medal winners from the recent Dallas Morning News / Texsom International Wine Competition. The list includes:
- Duchman Family Winery Vermentino (Bingham Vineyards – Texas High Plains) 2010
- McPherson Cellars Roussanne Reserve (Bingham Vineyards – Texas High Plains) 2010
- Pedernales Cellars Tempranillo (Texas) 2009
- Kiepersol Estates Stainless (No Oak Syrah) 2010
- Sandstone Cellars VII (Touriga Nacional – Mason County Texas) 2009
- Haak Vineyards Madeira (Blanc du Bois – Texas) 2008
Get your tickets online at: http://www.austinfoodandwinefestival.com/#!!tickets Purchase a weekender package or select the schedule for Sunday April 29th to order.
— — — — —
Check out the upcoming 2012 Texsom – Texas Sommeliers Conference
Be the first to comment