Messina Hof Winery Private Tour and Tasting Giveaway Offer, and Messina Hof Texas Bounty Dinner Event Announcement
1. Free Messina Hof Winery Private Tour and Tasting for Twenty Giveaway Offer
Qualify to win a Free Private Tour and Tasting at Messina Hof Winery and Resort, Compliments of Paul and Merrill Bonarrigo by answering the following questions:
1. Have you been to Messina Hof Winery and Resort? Yes ____; No ____.
2. What types of wine events do you like? _____________________
3. Age _____ years; Male or Female ______
4. Where do you buy your wines? _______________________
5. List your favorite three grape varieties.
6. List your favorite three wine brands.
7. How many bottles per month do you buy? ______ Approx. cost per bottle ______.
Tour and Tasting Description:
The Private Tour and Tasting for 20 people: Invite 20 of your favorite friends, family, or business associates to a day in Texas Wine Country. Enjoy the award winning wines of Messina Hof during a private tour tasting paired with fruit and cheeses. Messina Hof is located in the center of the state the same distance from Houston and Austin as Napa is from San Fransisco. It is like a trip to Europe without crossing the Atlantic!
How to Enter:
List your answers by number in the reply comment field at the bottom of this blog post or send your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for response is Friday, March 13, 2009. Winners of the Messina Hof Tour and Tasting will be selected by a drawing from list of people that successfully respond to all questions. The winner contacted by VintageTexas using the email address used in the reply. Names will be withheld and used only with permission.
2. Dinner Celebrating the Texas Bounty from Our Own Backyard:
Caves, Prairies, and Messina Hof Resort and Winery (Wine and Cheeses from the Lone Star State)
Join the family at Messina Hof, the fastest growing award-winning winery and resort in Texas, for the second “Bounty from Our Own Backyard” dinner of 2009 on Saturday, March 7, 2009.
This informative, yet entertaining dinner, will feature an entire menu developed around locally grown and produced fare. Messina Hof implemented this educational program based on principles of sustainable cuisine and agriculture at the Vintage House Restaurant.
The program involves converting a minimum of 80 percent of all goods prepared and utilized in the Vintage House to be Texan made, produced, or grown. The new Vintage House menu, “Vineyard Cuisine – A Bountiful Feast from Our Own Backyard,” will feature only Texas produced agricultural products and artisan foods, paired with Messina Hof wines.
Wine and Cheeses from the Lone Star State
March 7, 2009
Roasted Wateroak Farms Goat Cheese
Gewurztraminer poached apples, creamy Brazos Valley goat cheese, and roasted garlic topped bruschetta
Messina Hof Merrill’s Vineyard Riesling 2006
Baked French Onion with a Texas Cheese Twist
Caramelized Texas onions in a rich Unoaked Chardonnay laced broth and topped with melted Velduizen Green Creek Gruyere
Messina Hof Private Reserve Chardonnay 2007
Bosque Blue Wedge
Crisp iceberg topped with Private Reserve Chardonnay onion-buttermilk dressing featuring caramelized Texas onions and crumbled Texas Bosque Blue Cheese
Beef and Veal Cannelloni al Forno
Tender cuts of Texas beef and veal braised in Unoaked Chardonnay,
rolled with Wateroak Ricotta Cheese into pasta shells. Finished with a savory Solera Texas Cream Sherry Sauce and served with fresh spinach.
Paulo Merlot 2004
A trio of Wateroak Farms Ice Cream
Presented with an Almond Tuile Cookie and Port Fudge Sauce
Messina Hof Merrill’s Vineyard Angel 2007
Saturday, March 7, 2009
The Vintage House Restaurant
Messina Hof Winery and Resort
4545 Old Reliance Rd
Bryan, Texas 77808
COST: $69.95 plus tax and gratuity
RESERVATIONS: (979) 778-9463 or toll free (800) 736-9463.
2. blind tastings/parties – particularly cooking classes pairing food with wines
3. 55, female
4. grocery store and if I can’t find it there, then to the wine store
5. chardonnay, zinfandel, pinot gris
6. Kendall Jackson, Caymus, Clos du Bois
7. 6 – 8, averaging $15
3. 47; Male
4. Grocery Liquor Store
6. Beringer, Menage atrois
7. 2 – 4, $15.00 – $25.00
2. Tasting, Pairing, Murder Mystery
3. 45/M 41/F
4. On-line, Wineries, HEB, CC’s in Morgan’s Point
5. Vitas Vinifera, Vitas Rotundifolia, Vinifera Hybrids
6. South Coast, Robert Mondavi, Fetzer
7. 6-10 Btls, Average $9
2. Wine tasting paired with dinner..
3. 48 Male
4. Mostly from Tehuacana Creek Vineyards in Waco, TX.
5. Blanc du Bois, Norton and Malbec.
6. TCV wines, Fall Creek and Red Caboose.
7. 10 bottles a month @ $16.95
I’m pretty new to the wine tasting but am enjoying finding Texas wines..Took a weekend trip thru Hill Country and stayed over night in San Marcos but did not get to see all we wanted..Have been looking forward to coming to Bryan to taste your wines..I’ve heard nothing but good things about Messina Hof..Will make the trip in the near future for sure..
2. Wine tasting with dinner
3. 40 Female.
4. Tehuacana Creek Vineyards, and Grocery and Liquor Store(s).
6. TCV, Fall Creek and Mesina Hoff.
7. 10-12 bottles. Price range varies $8 to $18.
2. tastings, food pairings, grape stomping
3. 54 F
4. texas hill country wineries, HEB
5. Chardonnay, Malbec, pinot gris
6. Messina Hoff, Becker, Singing Waters
7. approx. 6/month @ approx. 15.00 each
Tastings/ food pairings
HEB, tasting rooms of wineries, wine.com
Tempranillo, Barolo, Muscat Canelli
Too many favorite wineries to list
Buy 10-20 bottles/ mo. @ $12 – 40/ bottle
2. tastings; food pairings
3. 54 M
4. wineries, HEB
5. syrah, pinot grigio, cabernet sav.
6. Messina Hof, Texas Hills, Becker
7. about 8/month @ $12.- $20. each
2) Blind Tastings
3) 59 M
4) New Zealand, Portland, Vancouver
5) Shiraz, Pinot Noir, Cab/Merlot
6) Villa Maria, Argyle, Kirkland Signature
7) 3-4 bottles wine, $13 – $17
3-4 cases beer $30 – $55
1. Not yet!
2. Tastings and harvests
3. 23 female
4. local wineries, HEB
5. Syrah, Merlot, Reisling
6. Tehuacana Creek, Santa Rita 120, Dancing Bull
7. 5-7, around $10 each
1. No no yet!
2. Tastings and pairing with food and desserts.
3. 25/ male
4. Local Wineries, heb,
5. Merlot, cabernet, pinot grigio
6. Sweet Red, Buddys Blend, Fall Creek.
7. 3-5 5-20 dollars.
Anxious about the results of the wine tasting event contest for 20 people. fingers crossed Bob
Thanks for the email. I plan to announce the results of giveaway offer this week. I have an assistant tallying the results (so that I cannot see them) and I will draw for the winner. Look for the results to be given on the blog as soon as they are available.
Entry 12 3-13-09
1 | edit 1. No
2. tastings with cheese and crackers
3. 60 Female
4. online and trips to vineyards
5. Riesling don’t know the others
6. Riesling, Chenin Blanc, Sauvignon Blanc
7. 2-3 $15
2. Tastings and pairing with food or chesse trays
4. Grocery store or wine store
5. pinot grigio, Cab/Merlot, Reisling
6. Smoking loon, Beringer,Messina Hoff
7. 6/$9.00 to 19.00
NOTE: Thanks for your information but the deadline for response was Friday, March 13, 2009.