1. Spain is ranked where in wine production in the world?
2. Which is NOT a Spainsh Wine Producing Region?
b. Rías Baixas
3. Which of the following grape varieties are common in Spain?
d. All of the above (more after the jump)
4. Which civilization first brought grapes and winemaking to Spain?
5. During the days of the Spanish Empire, which region did Spain ban the making of wine for fear of competition to Spanish wineries?
6. Which is NOT an approved labeling designation for wine aging for Spanish Wines?
c. Alta Reserva
d. Gran Reserva
7. Which Spanish wine region is the farthest south?
a. El Hierro DO
b. Jerez-Xérès-Sherry DO
c. Málaga DO
d. Montsant DO
8. What is the most widely planted wine grape in Spain?
Answers: 1 (c), 2 (d), 3 (d), 4 (a), 5 (b), 6 (c), 7 (a), 8 (a).