Texas Fine Wine Celebrates Award-Winning Wines
Wineries bring home top honors at prestigious international competitions; Bending Branch Winery wins first-ever honor recognizing sustainable practices in both Texas grape growing and winemaking
Bending Branch Winery, Brennan Vineyards,Duchman Family Winery, Pedernales Cellars and Spicewood Vineyards – the five wineries of Texas Fine Wine – have been awarded top honors at the 2019 San Francisco International Wine Competition (SFIWC) and the 2020 Rodeo Uncorked! International Wine Competition (Rodeo Uncorked!).
The inaugural Texas Sustainable Winegrowing Competition, by the Fort Worth Stock Show & Rodeo and Botanical Research Institute of Texas, awarded its Grand Champion honor to Bending Branch Winery and Tallent Vineyards for their sustainable grape growing and winemaking practices for the 2018 Tannat Rosé.
At the SFIWC, Duchman Family Winery’s Tempranillo received double gold honors and the Best Tempranillo award, its Aglianico won double gold and Best Other Italian Red award, and its Vermentino won gold; other gold medals went to Bending Branch Winery for its Texas Tannat, Brennan Vineyards for its Super Nero; and Spicewood Vineyards for its estate Tempranillo.
At Rodeo Uncorked!, double golds were awarded to Bending Branch Winery for its Tallent Vineyards Tannat and Brennan Vineyards for its Tempranillo. Golds went to Duchman Family Winery for its Tempranillo, Salt Lick Vineyards; Pedernales Cellars for its Tempranillo; and Spicewood Vineyards for its Sauvignon Blanc. Here is a list of the SFIWC and Rodeo Uncorked! Gold and Double Gold medals… additional medals can be found using the links at the bottom of this blog.
Bending Branch Winery
- Double Gold, Class Champion, Texas Class Champion – 2016 Tannat, Tallent Vineyards, Texas Hill Country at Rodeo Uncorked!
- Gold – 2017 Texas Tannat at SFIWC
- Double Gold, Class Champion, Texas Class Champion – 2016 Tempranillo at Rodeo Uncorked!
- Gold – 2017 Super Nero at SFIWC
Duchman Family Winery
- Double Gold and Best Tempranillo (97 points) – 2015 Tempranillo, Salt LickVineyards at SFIWC
- Double Gold and Best Italian Red (96 points) – 2015 Aglianico, Oswald Vineyard at SFIWC
- Gold – 2017 Vermentino, Bingham Family Vineyards at SFIWC
- Gold – 2015 Tempranillo, Salt Lick Vineyards at Rodeo Uncorked!
- Gold, Reserve Class Champion, Reserve Texas Class Champion – 2017 Texas Tempranillo at Rodeo Uncorked!
- Silver – 2017 Tempranillo at SFIWC
- Gold – 2017 Tempranillo, Texas High Plains at SFIWC
- Gold, Texas Class Champion – 2018 Sauvignon Blanc, Texas Hill Country at Rodeo Uncorked!
Texas Fine Wine is an exclusive group of five highly respected wineries making quality, benchmark wines from Texas grapes. Texas Fine Wine invites wine enthusiasts to visit TexasFineWine.com for information about each winery, news announcements, and other materials including pairing guides and Texas wine tasting information. Follow Texas Fine Wine on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
For more information and listing of other medals, go to: