The Austin Food & Wine Alliance will award three (3) grants (1 at $10,000 and 2 at $5,000) to selected organizations and/or individuals for the purpose of culinary innovation that contributes to the Austin and/or Central Texas community.
Grant recipients must meet the following criteria:
- Food and beverage artisans, producers, culinary professionals or represent a culinary/food-focused non profit serving the Austin and/or Central Texas community
- Must be located in Central Texas (within in the following counties) – Bastrop, Bexar, Blanco, Burleson, Burnet, Caldwell, Comal, Gillespie, Grimes, Guadalupe, Hays, Kerr, Kendall, Lampasas, Lee, Llano, Mason, Travis and Williamson
- Must demonstrate how the grant will be used for culinary innovation in their respective fields (including wine, beer, spirits and food industry)
- Represent fiduciary responsibility and transparency
- Must follow the reporting and accountability guidelines
- Attend Grant Awards ceremony on December 12, 2012
- Agree to participate in PR initiatives to promote AFWA & Grant Program
- Agree to AFWA website presence and mutual promotion of AFWA & grant program
- Must provide three (3) written reference letters as to why organization or individual should receive an AFWA grant and detail the reference’s relationships with the organization and/or individual
— — — — —
All applications must be received or postmarked by midnight, October 19, 2012.
Recipients and non-recipients will be notified no later than November 30, 2012.
Grants will be awarded at a ceremony on December 12, 2012 at AT&T Executive Education and Conference Center.
For questions, contact Mariam@AustinFoodWineAlliance.org
Click here to download the AFWA grant announcement press release.
— — — — —
Mission of the AFWA….The Austin Food & Wine Alliance is non-profit organization* dedicated to fostering awareness and innovation in the Central Texas culinary community through grants, educational programming and events. Guided by an all-volunteer board of directors and committees made up of culinary-and-community-minded professionals, the Alliance’s commitment is to promote Texas food, wine, spirits and craft brews and to increase appreciation of Texas’ culinary impact.